Monday, May 25, 2009

Today was Memorial Day.  There weren't many cars and there were a lot of bikes on pedestrians on the bike path.  I wish it were this way every day!   It was 66 F, winds 13 mph from the East when I started out at 4:30 pm.  Winds were gusting to 24 mph.  Good thing because it was a tail wind! 














Uh-oh, it looks like kind of like rain off to the west.    Fortunately it's the wrap-around of a weather system (not the front itself) and looked worse than it was.  It only sprinkled on my way home.  This is the old abandoned Garver mill, at the start of my ride.  














These flowers (downtown at they gym) smelled really good.














Here's a closeup:



















On the way home at 6:30 pm, temperature was 64 F, winds 12 mph from the east.
I stopped to look for the peregine falcon, didn't see it.  I stopped at Starkweather creek to look for ducks and babies, and saw a family off in the distance but they were too far away.
Then back at the Garver mill in the abandoned lot behind it, I saw this:


















I think it was a red fox.  It looked like a short, long red dog, but it seemed to disappear down a hole when it saw me.  It didn't behave like a dog.  I looked it up when I got home and I'm pretty sure it was a red fox.  I didn't get to see its tail in the tall grass.  That would have been a sure sign.  It's amazing what you see on a city bike bath!

I'm going to get a new camera this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment