Friday, May 15, 2009

may 15

It was a cool 58 F when I left at 3:30 pm.  Winds were 13 mph from the SSE.  I was late so the tailwind was helpful.  Here's the start of the bike path.













After my exercise class I looked for the peregrine falcon.  I brought my binoculars.  He wasn't there.  Then I got on my bike, heard a noise and he or she was flying out of the nest.  I scrambled to get out the binoculars but barely saw him before he left behind the giant power plant.  But it was still fun seeing him fly.   

The lilacs smelled wonderful:













Behind Olbrich I saw a hawk (I think?) of some sort.  I looked in my book later, but I still don't know what it was.  I did have my binoculars so got a nice look.  He seemed to have bigger eyes than the hawks in the book.  I'm a novice though.  I guess the common hawks around here are Coopers and Red Tailed.

























I might have to start bringing a better camera on my rides...

No comments:

Post a Comment