Saturday, May 9, 2009

may 9

Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous day.    Even though my bike ride was in the afternoon, here's a morning shot showing how much the sun has moved since winter.  Back in winter, it used to rise over the blue house to the right of the tree.  Here's a picture from winter  with the same tree at left.  well, in that shot, the sun hasn't risen yet, but it will rise over the blue house or maybe a little to the right.













Okay, now it's the start of my bike ride at 4:55 pm.  Temperature was 74 degrees F, winds 3.5 mph.  Perfect!   I felt sorry for the people in their cars!    And it smelled soooo goood.  Okay, I think I can adjust to my new schedule just fine.














uh-oh, is it going to rain?














on the way home at 7 pm.  This is one of my favorite spots, the Yahara River,  though I am not a good enough photographer to demonstrate it.  I love the way the light reflects off the river.  It looks different every day because of different lightings and sky conditions.  And there's usually ducks.













Here's why it smells so good:














and especially this, the lilacs:














Once again it didn't rain until after I got home.  One of these days, I'm going to get soaked.  Unless I pay attention and bring a rain coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment