Wednesday, May 6, 2009

may 6

today I gave the best part of my day to work, and didn't get on my bike until 3:45 pm.  That worked out well actually.  I have a lot to do at work, plus I like my job, so will try to stick to this schedule for a while and see how it goes.  I think much better in the morning.  It's an old-age thing.  I read it in a sleep book.  As we get older, we don't sleep as well, so are most alert and refreshed in the morning, and then we start dragging later in the day.  okay enough of that non-biking stuff.

I left at 3:45 pm in a hurry so didn't check the weather.  It was warm and humid, very nice!  71 degrees F.  Winds were WSW at 8 mph.  I was late so wished I had a tailwind.  As I got on the bike path I thought I am going to to unprepared if it rains.














After a lovely yoga class, I went grocery shopping at the co-op.  Then the weather changed.  Temperature was 64, winds 7 mph from the NW, and the clouds looked ominous:














Oh boy, starting to hear the rumblings.














But who cares if I get wet.  I saw these cool birds both going and coming. There's a pair of them.  I think they are green herons.  But the book doesn't show the tufted neck in profile.  




'

















































Now there's thunder and lightning.














But it waited until 1 minute after I got in the door to pour.














Do I lead a charmed life or what?

Nice sunset before the next thunderstorm came through.

No comments:

Post a Comment