Thursday, May 7, 2009

may 7

I'm still trying to get the hang of this new schedule.  I miss my morning commute and my morning classes, but there are some advantages to this too.  I definitely got more work done in the last two days than, well, let's just leave the past behind, like the rich white boys do.  I must have caught a frontal passage when I left at 4:30 pm because it felt like a strong headwind to me.  The almanac says temperature was 70 F and winds  9 mph from the WSW gusting to 17 mph.  It felt more like 17 mph so maybe there were a lot of gusts.   Here's the start of the bike path:













On the way home the sky had cleared and the winds were 8 mph from the west.  I wouldn't have minded a little payback in the form of stronger tailwinds but it was beautiful and probably more pleasant this way.  This way I ambled more slowly and enjoyed the evening light with the sun at my back.  Okay, score 1 point for the evening commute.  Here's the Atwood community gardens:














The hill going up to my house was also pretty in the evening light:














Now I just have to get used to the idea of not working in the evenings.  I think I'll learn to enjoy that too as soon as I get out of the habit of thinking I should be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment