Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Jan. 27 ride

The start of the bike path at 7 am.   Sunrise moved another minute to 7:17 am.  It was -7 degrees F when I left this morning!  Good thing I didn't check until right before I left, so I didn't have time to get negative thoughts, like why am I doing this?   I put on some leg warmers which worked great until about 2 minutes after I walked outside and then they fell down my skinny legs.  But they still got my lower legs which needed it most.  I was plenty warm without wearing the snow pants or big green jacket.  The goggles make it all possible by preventing so much heat loss from the face.  My fingers and toes still get a bit cold, but not too bad.  The winds were calm.  So in fact, it was a very nice ride, coming and going.  On the way home, I stopped off at the grocery store.   I would have liked to have got a 5 lb bag of carrots but I didn't want to carry them.  Temperature was up to 5 F on the way home.  Maybe tonight will be the last really cold night of the week.  My right knee has been a bit sore for the last week, maybe from riding in too high a gear--I haven't been using them much since they get stuck in the cold weather.  The gears shifted okay today so maybe I'll start using them more.  Maybe that rusty goo on the chain is helping, ha.  It was partly cloudy, with the sun filtering through.  Here's the Yahara River, and a cute ducky.

No comments:

Post a Comment