Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jan 21 ride

Today I was tired so went to yoga instead of my exercise class--though it's not clear that my 1.5 hour yoga class is really easier than my exercise class--but I got to sleep an extra 45 minutes.   It was a balmy 14 degrees F with winds 7 mph from the SW.  On the way home it was 19 F with winds 9 mph from the SW.  I didn't wear my goggles and it felt good to have wind on my face, though it was a shock going down the long hill from my house---my eyes watered up and my eyelashes must have got caught in the tears and stuck to my eye or something because it hurt, but it was only temporary.  Wearing the goggles seems to make it feel about 10 or more degrees warmer to me.  I got some groceries and had a pleasant ride home in the bright sunshine.  I might have to start wearing my sunglasses.  I'm reluctant to, figuring I need all the bright sunshine I can get this time of year.

4 comments:

  1. Barb,
    Tomorrow I head for Sarasota, Fl. I'll be there for 3 months and will, hopefully, ride every day. Friday is when I start my training for long distances again. I am hoping to work up to 300 miles per week. There I have to deal with strong headwinds, but I am sure you don't feel sorry for me.

    Howard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Sarasota. I am so jealous! I have too many retired or partially-retired friends who are having too much fun. In fact one of my retired friends is there right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take some pictures on my rides so you can live vicariously. Or, come down and we'll go for a ride.

    Howard

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be fun. I am a wimp though. You'd have to go for a 50 mile ride first and then I'd join your for a nice 30 mile ride.

    ReplyDelete