Saturday, February 7, 2009

feb 7 ride

Look ma, no face mask!   Temperature was 43 degrees F, winds  SW at 13 mph when I left for my first bike ride of the day (8:40 am).  Today's theme is snowmelt.    And to think only a few days ago I was dressed like Darth Vader.
Grass makes it's appearance at a park near my house:











Here's the start of the bike path.













On the way home, at 11:30 am.  I like this tree, but it's hard to see in this small photo.  It has red things on it.













Now we're on my second bike ride of the day, at 2 pm.  Temperature 45 F, winds 9 from WSW.  The gully is full of snowmelt.













as are the cutouts (between sidewalk and street).  It's fun, once you accept that you are going to get wet (that's what waterproof boots and pants are for!)













Almost home  at 6:30 pm, it is dark.  That will all change in a month.



No comments:

Post a Comment