Wednesday, August 19, 2009

culture shock

Help, I'm in a suburb of Chicago and it looks like I'll be driving 3 hours a day for the next 4 days!   Is this how most American's live?  I'm sure my blood pressure has shot up.  I was so frustrated with traffic jams and road construction.  I screamed at the stupid isynch in my car (it's supposed to respond to voice commands but it doesn't understand my voice--designed for male voices I'm sure), I swore at the nice traffic cops directing me where I didn't want to go.  I underwent a personality change and became an obnoxious Chicago driver.  And this is only day 1.   wo is me.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to suburban hell. What you describe was me in DC. My secret weapons for tension resolution were my middle finger and learning to out-drive even the most agressive jerks. I had bought a blood pressure monitor about 8 months before we left. After the move to Flagstaff, there was a substantial drop. Pretty scary that so many live that way and don't realize that their health is taking a big hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell to me is commuting by car.

    ReplyDelete