Sunday, May 15, 2011

Southwest trip

I just did a road trip to the Grand Canyon and mountain biked at various locations along the way.  It was so fun!  I love taking my mountain bike on road trips.  I did this a lot last summer too but I didn't post about it. I'm going to try to post about it this summer so I can compile for my own memory a list of great places to mountain bike, and road bike, on trips.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to find out where to mountain bike when I visit a place.  The resources I used on this trip were trails.com, singletracks.com and local bike shops.   trails.com and singletracks.com are hit and miss.  They didn't show this fantastic opportunity at Las Vegas that I was 2 minutes away from when we stopped at Red Rock canyon.  I discovered that when I got back to the hotel and googled "mountain biking Las Vegas".  I was bummed.   Local bike shops paid off in Flagstaff and Albuquerque.  There are so many trails that it helps to have a real person tell you what's the best  one to try out for a 2 hour ride.  but trails.com found some gems in Oklahoma, Texas, and Missouri.

So, here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment