Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bluff Creek Trail -- Oklahoma City, OK

This was sweet.  We stopped here both ways.  and yet, we forgot to take pictures both times.  In both cases, it was at the end of a long day.  The first time it was very windy.  The second time it was threatening rain.  But I rode anyway and both rides were very fun.  The thick woods made the winds and rain non-events.   I found this in trails.com and we picked our hotel to be nearby so it was very convenient.  It's only 3.8 miles long, but fun single-track.  It's the kind of trail that will turn a beginner into an addict.  It was a good trail to start out on for my first mountain bike ride of the year, and because I'm still recovering from my broken elbow in January.  I don't have my full strength back, but my bone is all healed.  On the second ride, I gave a guy my spare inner tube.  He really wanted to ride and didn't have time to go to the store.  I totally understand.  He gave me a seat bag in return, even though I didn't really want it.  He said it was a hot brand.  He's a sales rep.  Like I care about that.  But like I said, I can totally understand wanting to bike on a Friday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment