Sunday, July 5, 2009

july 3--uh-oh flowers

My first bike ride today was riding house-mate's bike to check the mileage of my jogging routes, since she has a bike computer. I was disappointed to find out they are shorter than I thought and I am therefore a really slow runner. When I was running with Gail, her GPS said we had a faster pace than I was expecting, so maybe the bike computer is wrong. I need to borrow a GPS.

The next bike ride was to church for another work day. The remodeling project is starting to seem endless. It was a nice day with very little auto traffic. I love holidays for that reason. Temperature was 70 degrees F, winds 5 mph from the north at 10 am. Here's the start of the bike path:













At the prairie garden opposite the Atwood Community Gardens I saw a cool-looking flower:






















Then I couldn't stop snapping photos. flowers everywhere! In the spring it's flowering trees, in the summer it's flowers. There's always something.
















Here's the community gardens on the other side of the bike path:
















and back to the flowers:















































Cafe Zoma, a favorite spot for bikers:
















Even my church has flowers growing out of the concrete:






















On the way home, I spotted more:













1 comment:

  1. 1. "Hi, my name is Barb, and I'm a floweraholic." "Hi, Barb!"

    2. Bike computer accuracy depends on how carefully you calibrate it. Better grab a Sharpie and a tape measure...

    ReplyDelete