Wednesday, March 4, 2009

mar 4

Today we finally got some March weather.  It was 28 degrees F, winds 10.4 mph from the south when I left for my yoga class at 7:50 am. very nice.  Here's the start of the bike path:













There were many birds behind Olbrich gardens.  It was a lot noisier than previously.
The Yahara river looked particularly nice in the sunlight and the picture doesn't do it justice:













On the way home I did my usual stop at the grocery store.   There was a visitor duck on the Yahara river.  Unfortunately I couldn't get very close.  He was different from the rest.  He dove under water for long periods.  And he was whiter.  I was wondering if he was a loon.






















At 10:50 am, temperature was now up to 34 F, winds 16 mph from the south, so a bit of a headwind on the final couple of miles but it wasn't too bad.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Spring is coming. I am praying for the warm weather to arrive all over the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's nice of you to do that for us, considering that you have lovely weather already!

    ReplyDelete