Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mar. 3 ride

It was still a bit nippy out this morning with temperature 5 degrees F and calm winds at 6:53 am.  So I wore the goggles again.  But it was a very nice ride in the peaceful morning.  And I got to ride my newer bike, without the studded tires!   I did this partly because I was late and I was thinking the paths might be clear enough to ride the faster bike.  Our street is always worse than any other part of my route, and that is mostly clear now.  My guess was correct and the entire path was clear for a fast ride on my white bike:













the start of the bike path:













Starkweather creek is frozen again after this latest cold snap:













I went to campus after my exercise class.   The ride home is nice, as I go by Monona Bay, where the ice fishermen were out (biking in winter is no crazier than that),













and Lake Monona, where the monsters are still out:













The ice at the edges form nice shapes, especially later in the spring after a few thaws and refreezings.













It warmed up in the afternoon to 28 degrees F, winds 11.5 mph from the SSE when I rode home at 4:30 pm.


1 comment: