Friday, December 11, 2009

Dec. 11

Today I had to get out on the bike. I went to my yoga class so I got to start an hour later than usual, in the bright morning sun. It was gorgeous. The temperature was 5 F, winds 5 mph from the WSW at 7:53 am. The roads are in terrible icy conditions but the bike path was not so bad. Plus the studded tires have amazing traction. I had more traction than either the cars or pedestrians. Here's the start of the bike path:















Starkweather Creek is frozen:















People in my yoga class were curious about the biking, and I told them about studded tires. At least one guy is motivated to try it. Ben said I was crazy but I said it was just the opposite, that it keeps me sane in winter.

And here's Yahara river on the way home at 11 am.















Temperature was up to 11 F, winds 5 mph from the SW.

No comments:

Post a Comment