Wednesday, April 22, 2009

apr. 22

I went two whole weekdays without biking.  But today I got to bike twice and made up for it a little bit.  My first trip was to yoga, after dropping my car off for an oil change.  I caught the bike path a few hundred yards ahead of my usual spot:













Temperature was 44 F, winds from the WNW at 8 mph, at 7:53 am, so a bit of a headwind but not bad.  On the return at 10:30, temperature was up to 51 F, winds 10 mph from the NW so a nice tailwind.

Then in the afternoon, I had an appointment to get to (okay, a massage.  I took a half day off).  At the bottom of the hill where I live, I heard an interesting bird call and thought, oh, that's a hawk (I've been listening to my bird call CD!).  And there it was flying overhead.  I wish I'd got a picture of it flying because it was more obvious it was a red-tailed hawk, but this picture of it in a tree turned out better than I was expecting from my little camera:








Here's the start of the bike path at 2:30 pm:













Now the temperature was 58 F, winds 11.5 mph from the NW, a nice day!  After my "appointment",  I went grocery shopping and headed home about 5:30 pm.  Temperature was 56 F, winds 10 mph from the NNW.   

I forgot how much fun it is to ride the bike path in the late afternoon.  There's so much activity!   Look at all these bikes:











Which looks more fun, riding the bike path (left) or driving in the traffic (right)?











There's lots of other activity too with people walking their dogs and babies.  It's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment